Jungle Cubs Information
* Ofsted Registration EY557081
* Highly qualified and caring members of staff. We use our years of experience to care for all of the children and support their individual needs to flourish into independant learners.
* Children are free to choose where to spend their time throughout the day, they will be encouraged to engage in individual play, small & large group activities and have the opportunity to contribute as little or as much as they feel comfortable with.
* It is our aim to make children feel welcomed and to see Jungle Cubs Nursery and pre-school as a home from home.
* Children aged 0-2 years will have a home diary book which is where we note the food and drink your child has throughout the day as well as their nappy changes and nap times.
* Children aged 2-5 years have an online Learning Journey for parents/carers to see how their child is progressing; this includes observations and photos of your child’s play, activities and work. The Learning Journey’s are available for parents/carers to look at online via a passwords system. Your child’s Learning Journey is passed on to their Primary School or Pre-school when they move on as part of our Transition Policy.
* Please contact us to discuss registering your child for their 2, 3 or 4 year old funding.
Fees & Hours
Open Monday – Friday 7.30 am – 6 pm
0-2 years £5.10
2-3 years £4.50
3 years + £4.30
Breakfast Club £6.10
For bookings made with less than 7 days notice please add £1 to the cost per hour
Trials & Visits
To make an informed decision on whether our services are suitable for your child, we would be delighted to show you and your family around the premises and discuss yours & your child’s requirements. You can make an appointment by phone or e-mail or by contacting us via this site.
We offer a free trial session to every child allowing them to adjust to the new surroundings, to meet the staff & play. The trial session is for 2.5 hours. Please see our Settling In Policy.
A registration form (and accompanying Medical and Emergency forms): If you would like to send your child to Jungle Cubs & Jungle Giants could you please take the time to complete the registration form, if you have queries please contact us.
This registration form is for all services, when completing the form could you please be sure to specify which area of Jungle Cubs & Jungle Giants you are registering your child for.
All about Me page: This page is designed with the children in mind as a way of getting to know them before they begin their time with us, this will allow us to cater for each child’s individual needs. Could you please help them to complete this form, or if they are too young, could you please complete the form on their behalf.
7:30am - 9am Breakfast club / Arrivals
9am - 10am Adult focussed activity
10:10am - 10:30am Morning Snack
10:30am - 11:30am Garden play and exploration
11:30am - 12pm Music and movement
12pm - 12:45pm Lunch
12:45pm - 1:45pm Free play
1:45pm - 2pm Circle time and snack
2pm - 2:45pm Continue adult focussed activity
2:45pm - 3:45pm Home time and after school club starts
3:45pm - 4:15pm Snack
4:15pm - 6pm Choice of activities and home time